Sunday 21 February 2016

A PEEK INSIDE MY MAKEUP BAG




If I'm honest, I don't actually keep my make-up in a 'makeup bag'. Instead, my everyday essentials are kept in a little Muji container in the second draw of my Ikea Alex and then I choose any other products or switch them out from the top drawer. Anyway, for the purpose of this post, I have selected from my vast range of make-up bags, this pretty gold Accessorize one. The Muji container is just like a make-up bag but is much less glamourous. 

BASE: 
My base usually stays the same day to day, although I sometimes switch out my foundation. Currently, everyday for the past few months, I have been using the Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation. In my opinion, this is the best 'everyday' foundation. It has a light, to medium coverage and gives a gorgeous healthy, dewy glow. I have recently repurchased in a lighter shade, 10 Light Porcelain. I then apply the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer underneath my eyes to conceal and brighten. I follow up by applying some of the Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer to any spots or redness. Both concealers are highly pigmented and once set with a powder last all day. Then I pick up a big fluffy brush and apply the Maybelline Matte Maker Powder all over my face. Even though this powder is classed as matte, it still allows the dewy foundation to shine through. I much prefer this powder to the Rimmel Stay Matte.  

EYES:
As you are probably aware, my favourite eyeshadow bases are the Maybelline Colour Tattoos. My current favourite and it has been since I got my hands on it in November, is 'Creme De Rose'. This is a slightly pink toned nude base which cancels out any colour or redness on your eyelid and keeps your eyeshadow lasting all day. Eyeshadow is what I switch up the most, but recently I have been applying the NYX Hot Singles Eyeshadows. I mentioned my love for these in my January Beauty Loves post and I am still applying them daily. I apply the shade 'Sin', a champagne shimmer with gold glitter, all over the lid and then I use the shade 'Coquette', a slightly purple toned matte brown, in the crease. My current go-to mascara is the Maybelline Lash Sensational. It completely transforms my eyelashes and lengthens them. 

BROWS:
Recently, I have been loving the Billion Dollar Brows 'Mad About Brows' Palette* for filling in my brows. I apply the sculpting wax to my brows using the little brow brush from the palette and then I use the blonde shade and a angled brow brush to fill them in, starting by lining the bottom of my brows and then creating hair-like strokes. 

CHEEKS:
I have been getting into applying blush a lot more recently and have been reaching for my MAC Blush 'Peachykeen' pretty much everyday. It just adds a subtle colour to the apples of your cheeks. I love the fact that it is somewhere in-between a pink and peach blush, I think that is what makes it so wearable everyday. To sculpt my non-existent cheekbones, I have been using the Collection Contour Kit. I use the contour shade and slowly build it up under my cheekbones for definition. I follow up by using my MAC Mineralize Skin Finish 'Soft and Gentle' to highlight. 

LIPS: 
You can never have too many lip options, but I have managed to keep it down to two which I alternate daily. The Bourjois Colour Boost 'Proudly Naked' is a gorgeous pink toned nude with a sheer finish that can easily be thrown on, on the go. The chubby stick element means you don't have to worry about a sharpener. Alternatively, I also use the MAC Creamsheen Lipstick 'Hot Gossip'. I take a little more care when applying this because it is quite pigmented, but when on your lips it sits comfortably and doesn't fade awkwardly. 

What essentials do you have in your make-up bag?


Lauren

Don't forget to find me on...
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN' | YOUTUBE
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Nice post! I really love the Maybelline colour tattoos!
    Paula | www.namelessgap.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts, I really appreciate it. If you have left a question, please check back in a few days to see if I have answered it, or email me: cupcakesandcandyflossblog@yahoo.com

Blogger Template Created by pipdig