Sunday 31 January 2016

BEAUTY LOVES: JANUARY




It's been a while since I've written a Beauty Loves post. If you're new around here, Beauty Loves is my fancy name for my monthly beauty favourites. The last time I wrote one of these posts was in June. Where has the time gone? January has been a great month for testing new products because I received lots of new makeup for Christmas, so I have been slowly working through trying each of them and pretty much none of them disappoint. I have also rediscovered some old favourites.

Almost everyday of this month I have been using the L'Oreal Infallible Mattifying Base Primer before applying my foundation. I have never been a huge fan of primers but after hearing many amazing reviews of this primer I put it on my Christmas list and it's safe to say it hasn't disappointed. I have been applying a pea size amount to my t-zone a few minutes after applying my moisturiser and it has been helping to keep my foundation in place all day. I'm always rushing around at school from one lesson to the next and this has been helping to keep my make-up in place for just that fraction longer. 

To set my make-up into place, I have been using another L'Oreal product, their take on a Fixing Mist. This has only recently become available in the UK and as soon as I heard about it, in it went into my Boots basket. I love the concept, it feels really refreshing and satisfying to spritz onto your face after finishing your make-up. Alongside the primer, they have been working really well to keep my make-up in place throughout the day. 

I have re-discovered the MAC Blush 'Peachykeen' this month. When I was re-arranging my make-up collection and putting away all of the lovely new products I got for Christmas, I came across this and remembered I hadn't used it in a while. I love the shade, it's in-between a peach and pink blush and gives a gorgeous but subtle colour to the cheeks. It's great for adding the life back into your face after applying foundation. 

Another product I have re-discovered is the Collection Highlight and Sculpt Contour Kit. I bought this in September last year and used it for a while before rotating my make-up collection and forgetting about it. For such an inexpensive price tag, it's a great product. I use my Bobbi Brown Sheer Powder Brush to apply it under my cheekbones. It's extremely pigmented so I use a small amount on my brush and build up a subtle shadow underneath my cheekbones, on my jawline and on my temples. The highlighter is gorgeous too and helps to draw attention to your sculpted cheekbones. 

I don't usually have much time to apply eyeshadow in the mornings so I usually choose a champagne shimmer all over the lid, and a matte brown in the crease. Throughout January I have been using the NYX Hot Singles Eyeshadows. I apply the shade 'Sin', which is a very pretty champagne shimmer with small flecks of gold glitter, all over the lid and then the shade 'Coquette' a matte brown with a pink/brown hue into the crease. I absolutely love these eyeshadows and they are so inexpensive for such great quality. I'm trying to stop myself from ordering more!

Last but not least, I have to mention how much I am still loving the Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara. It adds lots of volume and length to my stubborn eyelashes and completely transforms them. I have recently opened my second tube and it's safe to say I'll be re-purchasing my third very soon. I think I prefer this mascara when it's just been opened because the formula holds the curl and gives definition. 

What products have you been loving during January?

Lauren 

Don't forget to find me on...
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN' | YOUTUBE
SHARE:

23 comments

  1. Loved this post Lauren & the photos are all beautiful as usual! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It has been a long time since I last purchased a MAC blush, but Peachykeen looks lovely! I may have to go check it out! xx
    Celina | The Celution | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely! I would really recommend it :) x

      Delete
  3. I need to extend my eye-shadow collection & the NYX shadows seem a good place to start - these are such gorgeous colours. x
    Small&Blonde♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! You should definitely check them out, really affordable and great quality :) x

      Delete
  4. I adore NYX Eye Shadows, they are gorgeous! I have the L'Oreal Setting Spray and can't make my mind up on it x

    Emma | Emmys Beauty Cave

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely! I've heard mixed reviews about the setting spray, I think you have to give it a good shake to avoid the power going onto your face though haha :) x

      Delete
  5. Lash Sensational is my favourite find this year! Annoyed it took me so long to buy it!! x

    www.shayholly.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wanting to try Lash Sensational for ages! Might have to buy soon due to all the positive reviews :)
    - Ambar | Her Little Loves

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! It's a great mascara x

      Delete
  7. Maybelline lash sensation is one of my favourite mascara! I purchased peachykeen in the beginning of January and I've been using it since then, it is a gorgeous shade!

    www.elabellaworld.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are amazing and are great products haha x

      Delete
  8. Love the maybelline lash sensational mascara too. Mine finished the other day so I picked a new one up yesterday! I've been loving some zoeva brushes this month, alongside the too faced better than sex mascara, alpha h liquid gold and freedom's brow pomade!xx

    http://www.perks0fbeingnazia.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried any of the products you have mentioned! I would love to try the Freedom Makeup Brow Pomade though, I have heard some good reviews :) x

      Delete
  9. Hi dear :) your photos are sooo pretty !! I love your blog <3 I really want to try the Maybelline mascara ! everyone seem to love it ! xxxx

    aishettina.blogspt.it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! :) The maybelline mascara is amazing, I would highly recommend it xx

      Delete
  10. I've no idea why, but I just don't get on with that primer! Love the look of Peachykeen though. I'd have to say I've been loving Vichy Dermablend foundation and the Cream 24HR Tattoo eyeshadows in 'creamy beige' and 'creme de nude' by Maybelline xx

    Laura | Lala London: Beauty & Lifestyle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah really? I'm loving it at the moment haha! I LOVE the Maybelline Colour Tattoo's! They are one of my favourite eyeshadow bases :) xx

      Delete
  11. Lovely post girl, adore the look of the MAC products, I haven't picked anything up from them in such a long time! The NYX eye shadow shades are AMAZING, perfect everyday shades!

    Jasmine | jasminehardingmakeup.com xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jasmine! You NEED to pick up something new from MAC, how could you resist?! Haha xx

      Delete
  12. I love the collection contour kit, its my go to. I also love the Lash sensation mascara. For foundation I've been loving the EX1, its a great foundation :) xx

    www.lpagebeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts, I really appreciate it. If you have left a question, please check back in a few days to see if I have answered it, or email me: cupcakesandcandyflossblog@yahoo.com

Blogger Template Created by pipdig