Sunday 7 February 2016

5 TIPS: STARTING A BLOG


Blogging has changed incredibly in the past 5 years and has become a wide platform full of enthusiastic people sharing their love for places, products and offering advice. I've had my blog for 2 years now and I've picked up a few things a long the way. 

It can be very daunting starting a blog, I know myself that I was keen to keep it within my family and close friends and remain anonymous for the first 6 months or so. Gradually over time, I have shared it with so many people, including my whole form class last year, which made my cheeks go a shade of crimson and my palms sweaty. Although it seems the easy option to keep your blog to yourself, I found it so much easier announcing it to my peers. I often have people coming up to me, both adults and students in my year telling me they enjoy reading my blog or watching my videos, and alongside reading any comments I receive when posting them, it gives me a huge smile. 

CHOOSING A NAME 
My first tip is to find a name that you like and stick to it. As there are so many blogs these days, it can be hard to come up with a name that is original and unique, but have a brainstorm and see what you come up with. I would then recommend searching the name in Google, as well as on Blogger/Wordpress (whichever platform you decide to use) and on social media. This ensures that no one else has your name.

BE ORIGINAL 

Try your best to be unique and add your own style or 'twist' on things. It's very easy to go along with the crowd and write similar posts but if you create your own content you will be recognised for it. This is certainly something I want to work on this year. 

FIND A PHOTOGRAPHY STYLE
This can be difficult, but photography is definitely something that is worth spending some time getting it right. It took me a while to find my unique way of taking photos, but I love my style. 

SOCIAL MEDIA
I would highly recommend creating social media accounts with the same name as your blog so you can promote your posts, build your readership and most importantly allow your readers to get to know you. 

HAVE FUN
Enjoy it! It's incredibly rewarding writing your own blog. Have fun creating posts and taking photos. 

What are your blogging tips for beginners?

Lauren

Don't forget to find me on...
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN' | YOUTUBE
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. Loved this post Lauren! Especially as I'm still working on my blog! I'm going to try and put my own twist on my blog! Xx
    Baking and Chatter
    http://bakingandchatter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Ella! I'm glad it will be useful to you :) xx

      Delete
  2. I havent just started blogging but always love reading these posts! :)
    Jess | www.beautifulbreakable.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved this Lauren, I think these tips are helpful for people who even already have a blog! x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Kate! I'm glad you found the post useful :) x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts, I really appreciate it. If you have left a question, please check back in a few days to see if I have answered it, or email me: cupcakesandcandyflossblog@yahoo.com

Blogger Template Created by pipdig