Monday 18 January 2016

BEAUTY BLOGGER INSPIRED PURCHASES




I often rely on beauty bloggers for their reviews and swatches of a product that I'd like to try. I can browse for hours reading the thoughts of my favourite bloggers before I decide to take the plunge and try it. This usually happens when I'm looking into purchasing a high end make-up product because there is often pressure when you're at a make-up counter and it definitely pays off to have spent some time doing some research. 
More to the point, I can look at my make-up collection and say which beauty blogger inspired me to take the plunge and purchase. 

The MAC Eyeshadow in 'All That Glitters' has to be one of my all time favourite MAC eyeshadows. It is a gorgeous peach toned champagne shimmer and really compliments my blue eyes. I wear it most days when I would like to wear a bit of colour to my eyelids. I saw Vivianna Does Makeup raving about this eyeshadow so I had to pick it up, and I'm so glad I did. 

I have been loving the L'Oreal Infallible Matte Foundation recently and this was recommended to me by Ciara from An English Rose. When we went shopping in September, I bought this and I am so glad I did because it has become one of my favourite foundations. It's a high coverage foundation but feels lightweight on the skin. I love wearing it when I am filming because it gives a completely matte coverage but still allows your skin to show through. It can also easily be built up in any red areas for extra coverage.

The Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer has been recommended to me by so many YouTubers and Bloggers. It took me a while to give into the hype but I am so glad I did because it is my go-to concealer for covering redness or blemishes. It's a great full coverage concealer and can be worn on it's own as a base or blends well on top of your foundation for extra coverage. 

I own way too many blushers, but when I saw Velvetgh0st raving about the Benefit Rockateur Blush and after watching her use it in countless tutorials I just had to try it. It is a gorgeous nude-pink which gives a hit of shimmer to the apples of my cheeks. If I am in a rush and need to skip something in my everyday makeup routine then it will be blusher because I hate having to blend away any excess. However, with this you can't go wrong and from writing this post, I've realised I really need to use it more! 

Have any beauty bloggers inspired you to make a purchase?

Lauren

Don't forget to find me on...
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN' | YOUTUBE
SHARE:

16 comments

  1. I'm easily persuaded to make blogger buys, I've bought many! I really want to try that L'Oreal foundation xx

    Jasmine || http://www.blogsallbeautyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, me too! It's really good, you should! :) x

      Delete
  2. I actually own all the products you've mentioned here haha, I always rely on bloggers reviews when I'm looking for something new to pick up! I don't like spending money on a whim so I prefer to research first :)
    Cat | Percy & Prunella

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha really?! Bloggers can be so persuasive! I'm the same, I spend hours researching before making a purchase :D x

      Delete
  3. I received the Benefit Rockateur blush for Christmas and I am yet to try it - however after reading your great review on it I will definitely be trying it the next time that I apply makeup! I've also heard so many people rave about the MAC shadows and I seriously need to jump on the bandwagon haha! Great post xo

    Char | www.charslittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Charlotte! Benefit Rockateur is a gorgeous shade! I can't believe it's taken you so long to use it haha. MAC shadows are AMAZING! I would highly recommend you try some :D x

      Delete
  4. I love Rockateur! It even featured on my Benefit Top Ten post :) Due to bloggers I've ended up buying MAC Satin Taupe and all the Clarins products! The Modern Audrey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, really?! Ah cool, I'll have to check it out! :) x

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Definitely, but I love how we can rely on bloggers to let us know their truthful opinions of the products! x

      Delete
  6. All of these are gorgeous, I love how we all influence each other but then again the amount of money I've spent is ridiculous hhah! Benefit's blush and lasting perfection is amazing!
    Charlotte // charlottespicks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha me too! I know right?! I love them so much!

      Delete
  7. These look lovely, I love you photography!!x

    AimeeSueXO
    Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete
  8. My bank does not like me buying all these new products as i tend to see a review then buy it straight away! hahaha! But honestly i've heard so much about that primer but the eye shadow looks gorgeous!

    lovely post,
    www.ZyaandDaizy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! My bank balance doesn't agree either but the products are just too tempting. 'All That Glitters' is amazing, a shade everyone needs in their collection x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts, I really appreciate it. If you have left a question, please check back in a few days to see if I have answered it, or email me: cupcakesandcandyflossblog@yahoo.com

Blogger Template Created by pipdig