Sunday 3 May 2015

NEUTRAL EYE-MAKEUP



Eyeshadows are my one weakness and whenever I go into Boots, Superdrug or a department store. I could happily come out with all of the eye-shadows that they have available and put them to use, obviously that isn't realistic but I can dream. On a day to day basis, I don't have time to blend 14 different eye-shadows together in the crease of my eye, to my disgust, so here are the products I have been reaching for, to achieve an inexpensive but gorgeous everyday eyeshadow look, which is completely fuss free. 

To begin the look, I apply some of the Maybelline Leather Effect Cream Eye Shadow 'Creamy Beige' onto my eyelid using my finger and blend. When blending with your finger, it is much better for your eyes if you use your ring finger as it is less harsh on the delicate eye area as your other fingers. I love how simple Maybelline's Colour Tattoo's are to apply and they help your eye make-up last all day. 

On a recent trip to Boots I bought the L'Oreal Colour Riche Eyeshadow 'Cafe Saint Germain' which is a shimmer eye shadow with a gel infused formula. It's a incredibly unique colour, a cool toned taupe with a hint of silver, which would look amazing on both blue and green eyes. I apply this on top of the Maybelline base and blend using a brush. Finally, to add some warmth and blend any harsh edges, I like to use the Maybelline Colour Show Eye Shadow 'Stripped Nude'. The matte eyeshadow helps to bring the look together and I find for a day time look, it mutes the shimmer of the L'Oreal eye shadow slightly making it appropriate for everyday. 

And that's it. Just apply your favourite mascara and your eyes are complete. If you wanted to change the look, you could apply some winged eye liner or use a black kohl eye liner to your upper and lower waterline before applying your mascara. If you wanted to take this eye shadow look from day to night, apply a dark brown eye shadow to the crease of your eye and your lower lash line, following up by applying a champagne shimmer eye shadow to the inner corner of your eyes to make them pop.

What's your favourite everyday eye shadow look?

Lauren

SHARE:

9 comments

  1. I love the colour tattos they last so long! :)

    http://lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do! Great quality for the price :)

      Delete
  2. Like you, I am something of an eyeshadow addict! I absolutely love the Colour tattos but I REALLY REALLY wish I'd bought Creamy Beige instead of Permanent taupe, as I didn't realise how grey-toned it is :(

    Polka Dot Penny

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally there's someone who is on the same wavelength as me about eyeshadows! I knew I couldn't be the only one! That's a real shame, but perhaps use permanent taupe as a sheer base for other eyeshadows? That might help to use it up! :)

      Delete
  3. I love these eye shadows. They are really good quality for the price :)

    hushhush990.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the colour tattoo in pink gold! I really need to try more :)
    great post x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Alexandra! You do need to try them! They are amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts, I really appreciate it. If you have left a question, please check back in a few days to see if I have answered it, or email me: cupcakesandcandyflossblog@yahoo.com

Blogger Template Created by pipdig