Sunday 10 May 2015

BEAUTY LOVES: APRIL



I'm back again, with another instalment of Beauty Loves, a round up of what I have been loving over the past month. 

Recently I seem to have accumulated a few mascaras to try, so I will slowly work my way through trying each of them as I really don't see the point in having three different mascaras on the go. Unfortunately, my sample of Benefit Roller Lash was becoming slightly dried up and past it's best so I reached into my make-up draws and opened up the L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes 'So Couture So Black' Mascara and I have been blown away. I think this has to be the best mascara I have ever tried and that is a big statement for me to make. I find that it holds a curl all day, separates my lashes and adds volume and it doesn't go clumpy if you add more coats, my perfect mascara. I certainly recommend you try this if you are in the market for a new mascara. 

I have to admit that when I first received the Billion Dollar Brows 'Hint of a tint' and Brow powder to try I was very apprehensive about the colour match and whether the products would be too dark for my brows. I shouldn't have worried as I use both products daily to achieve natural brows. I am certainly not one of those people that spends a lot of money or time on my brows so I just comb through them, shape them a little with the Brow Powder and then set with the Brow Gel and I'm ready to take on the world. What I really love about these products though is that they last all day and don't make your brows crunchy. 

When I recently went into Mac, I chose three eyeshadows to try, one of which was 'All That Glitters', a champagne with a pink/peach hue. This eyeshadow would suit all skin tones as it creates a gorgeous wash of shimmer over the eye. It is certainly worth investing in, as I can see it being one of my all time favourite eyeshadows. 

Recently, I haven't been missing out bronzer in my daily makeup routine, and I have been reaching for the Soap and Glory Solar Powder to add some colour back onto my pale complexion. If you haven't tried this, it's certainly worth it. The powder is very creamy and easy to blend and it works well as a contour and bronzer, you could even use it as an eyeshadow, so it's a good multi-task product. 

You all know how much I love the Maybelline Colour Tattoo's as a base before eyeshadow, but when recently looking back into my collection I noticed that I hadn't used the L'Oreal Eye Primer Crayon in a while. It's a great neutral waxy pencil which corrects any veins or discolouration on the eyelid. Due to the waxy consistency it is quite difficult to blend, but I like to apply some to my finger tips and then gently take it across the eyelid. 

Are there any products you have loved using in April? 

Lauren 

SHARE:

1 comment

  1. MAC All That Glitters looks amazing!
    Fab post!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts, I really appreciate it. If you have left a question, please check back in a few days to see if I have answered it, or email me: cupcakesandcandyflossblog@yahoo.com

Blogger Template Created by pipdig