Sunday 19 April 2015

REVISION MOTIVATION


I'm sure you will be aware by now that I have my GCSE's looming and I am sure many of you have exams too, whether they are GCSE's like me, A Levels or another exam. At the moment I am having a phase where I would much rather spend my day watching Netflix, eating chocolate and under a blanket but I'm trying to hold out until the evening of June 18th as that's when my exams officially finish. 

So how do you keep motivated when the exams are so close? Here are some tips...

GETTING MOTIVATED 

I have days where I have zero motivation at all, but I find what helps is to think about what I want to do in the future and what I need to do to get there, and this just helps to spur me on for a few hours. I find what really helps is doing small chunks of revision. I know myself that some days I feel so unmotivated I would much rather spend the day with my friends watching films or going shopping but I can do that every day in July if I really want to, I just need to wait a few more months.

TRY TO GET RID OF DISTRACTIONS

I like to listen to music whilst I revise so put my phone onto do not disturb, put my ear phones in and turn on my playlist. I put my laptop and iPad into a draw and ask my family to respect the fact that I am revising. Sometimes having my phone and iPad in the room with me urges me to go on them so you could ask a family member to look after a distraction until you have done some revision and then you can reward yourself after you have spent some time on your school work. 

SMALL GOALS

Set yourself small goals, spend 20 minutes on maths for example, take a 5 minute break then do a few practice questions. If you revise in smaller chunks you will feel so much happier knowing you have done a small amount of work than doing none at all because you are not motivated.

REWARDING YOURSELF 

I like to reward myself in between revision chunks by watching one of my favourite programmes or a video from my favourite YouTubers. I try to do 3 smaller chunks of revision with smaller breaks in between then take a bigger break, then after try to do some more smaller chunks. This way you will get quite a few subjects done, you don't feel under pressure and your brain can input the information into your long term store without displacing the information because you are trying to memorise too much. 

This is the third revision themed post that I have put up in the past few weeks, to check out my revision tips, click here, and my unwind routine for the exam season, click here

I now have some sad news to share :(. From this week I will be reducing my two posts per week schedule to one post per week on a Sunday until the end of June. This will allow me to get my revision out of the way without stressing that I have to write a blogpost. I am sure many of you will understand that your hobbies go out of the window when you have exams coming up. 

How do you keep yourself motivated when revising? 

Lauren

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' | Facebook 
SHARE:

9 comments

  1. Amazing post! I am in the same position as you because I am doing my Junior Cert (which is like the GCSE's) in June and I can not get myself to revise! Great tips! x

    ~www.brunette-wavez.blogspot.ie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Good Luck for your exams! :)

      Delete
  2. some helpful tips here! well done - very well thought through, keep doing what your doing lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such great tips, definitely going to put them into action haha! Good luck with your exams :)
    Elise @ Elise Dopson

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the tips, I constantly find self motivation a real struggle

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts, I really appreciate it. If you have left a question, please check back in a few days to see if I have answered it, or email me: cupcakesandcandyflossblog@yahoo.com

Blogger Template Created by pipdig