Wednesday 15 April 2015

NEXT TIME YOU POP INTO BOOTS...


I am definitely one of those people that heads into boots to get some cotton wool pads and comes out with a bag full of new things to try. And after a few trips to Boots, I have accumulated a few products which I have been loving recently...

The L'Oreal True Match Foundation is a perfect affordable base for any make-up look. It blends really easily into the skin and adds a hint of coverage masking any redness or imperfections. The only downside is that it tends to stick to dry patches but with a good moisturiser, that problem is easily fixed. 


Currently the Maybelline Colour Show Mono Eye-shadows have been my go-to eye product
. My favourite of the two I own is Copper Fizz, a very wearable copper which gives a gorgeous wet-look to the eye. But there is also a perfect matte warm brown shade 'Stripped Nude' which I love placing in the crease of my eye with similar hue shimmer eye-shadows all over the lid. I have reviewed both the shades I own here-link


Another Maybelline product which I adore is their 24hr Colour Tattoo's. I wear them on a daily basis either on their own or as a base for eyeshadow. My collection is fastly growing and I now own three, Pink Gold which was my first purchase a shimmery pink with silver shimmer, On and On Bronze which is a gorgeous shimmery warm brown and Creamy Beige a satin warm brown which is not as shimmery as the others. At the moment I am getting the most use out of the two neutral shades, Creamy Beige and On and On Bronze. I would certainly recommend buying one from the vast colour range because they are easy to apply and blend.

Want to achieve natural brows in two seconds? Yes please! Then the Soap and Glory Archery Brow Tint and Precision Shaping Pencil is your right hand man. Surprisingly I love the felt tip end and use it to create small hair-like strokes in my brows. (Full review here). The only downside is that it only comes in two shades, but we can get over that. 

Oh how I love the Sleek face form-light and get use out of it daily. I love the contour shade and how easy it is to sculpt cheekbones which were non existent in the first place. The blush is a perfect coral packed with golden shimmer which adds life and colour back into your cheeks and the highlighter is subtle but gives an effortless lit from within effect. 

What products have you been loving from Boots (or the drugstore) recently? 

Lauren 


SHARE:

10 comments

  1. I really need to repurchase the Sleek Face Form Kit, I forgot how pretty it was!

    Jordan Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to try the brow archery pencil but I'm afraid I might not like it! You've also made me want the Sleek Face Form Kit it's so pretty!

    Beth xx
    comealongbeth.blogpspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I'm glad I've inspired you to make some purchases! The S&G Brow Pencil is great, I'm sure you will love it :)

      Delete
  3. Great picks- I really want to try the Colour Tattoos and Loreal True Match! Some of my favourite drugstore picks are Bourjois CC cream, Maybelline instant eye eraser, Bourjois Bronzer & lipgloss', Sleek blushers and Maybelling the falsies mascara!

    Jasmine | jasminehardingmakeup.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love Sleek blushers too and I really want to try a Bourjois Bronzer! Im glad you enjoyed reading this post :)

      Delete
  4. these eyeshadows and sleek palette are gorgeous x
    Hannah | Heyitshannaah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have two Maybelline colour tattoos; On and On Bronze and Creamy Beige, and I love them both! So easy to use! Those Maybelline eyeshadows look gorgeous, I often look at them but never pick them up - I prefer palettes over individual eyeshadows! x

    Jasmine || blogsallbeautyy.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really want to try the soap and glory brow archery, it looks so good and so many people talk about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was going to purchase the L'Oreal True Match Foundation but you mentioned that it is quiet drying and I have dry under eyes, even with a good moisturiser, its like ' melts ' off my concealer ah its a big problem haha but lovely post xx

    Ambra xo | fridaysarefab.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts, I really appreciate it. If you have left a question, please check back in a few days to see if I have answered it, or email me: cupcakesandcandyflossblog@yahoo.com

Blogger Template Created by pipdig