Sunday 12 April 2015

THE UNWIND ROUTINE




Whether your exams are on the horizon or you have had an extremely tiring and stressful day, we all have our ways of trying to de-stress and calm down. I know myself that the thought of 22 exams during the period of May and June is freaking me out, so I am sure that I will be using this routine as a pre and post exam relax and it looks like I am going to have to make a huge lush order to get me through...

STEP ONE: SKINCARE

I really enjoy removing my make-up particularly on a pamper evening because I use it as a time to try something new or different. One of my favourite make-up removal products is the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water. This literally removes your make-up in seconds in a fuss free and non-irritating way. I then use my No7 Hot Cloth Cleanser and apply it onto my face using my fingers in upwards circular motions and remove it with a warm flannel, then splash my face with cold water and pat it dry with a clean towel. To remove any impurities left on my skin I apply the Garnier Fresh Refining Toner using a cotton pad. I don't use this toner on a daily basis as I find it quite harsh on the skin so I try to remember to use it twice a week to control excess oil. Finally, I use the Garnier Moisture Match Mattifying Fresh Cream as a moisturiser. It's important to remove your make-up before going into the bath because the steam opens pores.


STEP TWO: RUN YOURSELF A BATH

This step is pretty self-explanatory, start your bath tap running and find yourself a bath bomb, bubble bar or bath soak, grab your pyjamas and a book or something to occupy yourself. I try not to take my phone or tablet as I use the time to switch off and relax. I personally love using a bath bomb and I have chosen Butterball from Lush. A small white bathbomb which is packed full of all kinds of goodness, so the perfect bath time treat for your skin. I picked Butterball as well as some other Lush bathbombs in this haul-link. I also like to give my skin a good moisturise when I am out of the bath so will most likely use a body butter from The Body Shop or Soap and Glory as they are also very beneficial for the skin. 

STEP THREE: RELAX

It's completely up to you what you do after your bath but I like to read a magazine and listen to some music whilst eating chocolate because who doesn't love chocolate eh? This routine is all about you, so find something you enjoy doing like watching a film or TV programme, I recommend The Fault In Our Stars and Pretty Little Liars but I am sure they will not be to everyone's taste!

This post is in collaboration with Emma who has written an exam themed motivational post about how to believe in yourself during the exam season on her blog, Have a Cup of Tea-link. It's a long one so grab yourself a cuppa, see what I did there? 

What do you like to do after a stressful day?

Lauren

Twitter | Instagram | Bloglovin' | Facebook 
SHARE:

6 comments

  1. I have some exams coming up too, I'll definitely be using some of your ideas on how to relax!

    Wishuponthatstarx.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you find them useful! Good Luck! :)

      Delete
  2. I love doing a bit of yoga after a stressful day! These tips are fab.

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love baths after a stressful day! i love twilight from lush for my bath of choice.

    brooke | brooke elise beauty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I will have to try twilight when I'm next in Lush :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts, I really appreciate it. If you have left a question, please check back in a few days to see if I have answered it, or email me: cupcakesandcandyflossblog@yahoo.com

Blogger Template Created by pipdig