Sunday 10 April 2016

SPRING BEAUTY EDIT



Cheers all round, Spring is finally upon us and hopefully it will bring lots more sunshine and better weather. I absolutely love this time of year, admiring the daffodils and the blossom on the trees, it's just beautiful. It's time to put away the berry tones for another year and dust off the corals from the backs of our drawers. My base products stay the same all year round but I like to switch up my eyeshadow, blush, lip products and nail polish shades. 

MAKEUP:

In terms of blush, my go-to spring shade without a doubt has to be the Nars 'Orgasm' Blush-£23. It's a gorgeous coral pink with gold shimmer running through it. It makes your cheeks look healthy and gives a pretty glow. 

I'm not a huge fan of wearing bronzer. Despite owning quite a few, I'm always conscious of creating a muddy line on my cheek. However, recently I purchased Benefit's Hoola Bronzer-£23.50 and it quickly became a favourite in my everyday routine. It's a subtle warm brown and if you have a paler complexion like me, this can easily be worn without making you look orange. It adds a lovely glow to your face and honestly now I've tried it, I don't think I'll be wearing anything else. 

The Maybelline Colour Tattoo's-£4.99 are my favourite cream eyeshadow formula as they are creamy and can be worn in many ways. I apply them using my ring finger all over my eyelid, either as a wash of colour or as a base for eyeshadow. I tend to bring out the shade 'Pink Gold' out of my collection at this time of year. It's a pretty pink shade with a gold undertone and gives a pretty pink pearlescent shimmer to your eyelid. 

To add some definition to my crease, I have recently been applying the MAC Pro Pan Refill Eyeshadow-£10 in the shade 'Haux'. This has been on my MAC eyeshadow wishlist for a while and a couple of months ago, I finally bought it. It's a gorgeous purple toned brown with warm undertones and adds a subtle definition to the crease of your eye. I love it because it allows you to be adventurous without looking too daring. 

The Makeup Geek Foiled Eyeshadow-£7.95 'In The Spotlight' can be worn all year round, but looks fantastic at this time of year, especially on a sunny day because it looks gorgeous when the light hits it. The foiled formula means it is like a pressed pigment, so it is extremely pigmented and can be applied with either your finger tip or a brush.

The MAC Lipstick-£15.50 'Syrup' has been a staple in my make-up bag so far this Spring. I think we can get over the fact now that I'm never adventurous with my lip shades, therefore this is another 'your lips but better' shade. It is a nude lipstick with a subtle purple tone to it which just adds a hint of colour.

The LancĂ´me Juicy Shaker 'Vanilla Pop'*-£18 has been a recent addition to my lip product collection. I was so excited when this fell through my letter box a couple of weeks ago and I quickly fell in love with the colour and formula. It is a burnt rose shade which adds a pretty tint and the oils in the formula nourish and add a gloss to your lips. To read my first impressions post, click here.   

NAILS:  

Barry M are some of my favourite nail polish formula as they are inexpensive and last a long time on the nails. I added two of their Sunset Nail Paints-£4.99 to my collection when I received the shade 'Do You Pink I'm Sexy' accompanied by the top coat for Christmas. 'Do You Pink I'm Sexy', a pale pink shade, makes your nails look healthy and polished. The Sunset Nail Paints were created to give you salon UV nails at home without exposing your nails to a UV lamp and for a fraction of the price. Plus, the bottles are very photogenic.

Another one of my favourite Spring nail polish shades is the Accessorize Nail Paint-£5 in the shade 'Nude'*. This is a peach toned nude shade which is opaque in two coats on the nails. Similar to the Barry M shade, it makes your nails look neat and polished. Like my lip colours, I never wear anything too daring on my nails so these are both the perfect Spring nail paints for me. 

What makeup products will you be using this Spring? 

Lauren

Don't forget to find me on...
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN' | YOUTUBE


P.S. Extra points for those of you who noticed the blue tac underneath the MAC Lipstick, blogger problems...
SHARE:

10 comments

  1. Lovely picks! I have a dupe of Nars - Orgasm from Sleek called Rose Gold. So I will be definitely reaching for that the next few weeks :) and I'm so glad you love Hoola! It's one of my favourites too xx

    Lauren | itslaurenvictoria.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Ah, I own that too, I love it and they're so similar. Hoola is amazing and totally worth the hype! :) x

      Delete
  2. I love that Spring is finally here! Hoola is a bronzer I am yet to try out!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! You should certainly try it :) x

      Delete
  3. I need to jump on the Hoola Bronzer Bandwagon!

    Laila from Townhouse Palette

    ReplyDelete
  4. Barry M have some fab polishes out at the mo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! The coconut ones look fab :) x

      Delete
  5. I really want to try Barry M products but there is not this brand here in Italy :((

    aishettina.blogspot.it

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts, I really appreciate it. If you have left a question, please check back in a few days to see if I have answered it, or email me: cupcakesandcandyflossblog@yahoo.com

Blogger Template Created by pipdig