Saturday 28 May 2016

LATELY


I think it's time we had a little catch up. Having been absent from my blog for around 6 weeks, I thought this called for a post detailing what I've been up to and why things are looking slightly different around these parts. 

Firstly, hello!  

I haven't been posting on my blog, social media, let alone on YouTube for some time. The main reason is due to my AS Level exams. The majority of my time in the past few months has been taken up by revision and exam practice, not leaving much room for doing things that I enjoy. Having completed 5 out of my 6 exams, with the last one on the 8th of June, I have given myself a few days off to focus on my blog. 

Another reason for my absence is a lack of blogpost ideas and motivation. I strive to create original content for my blog, even if it's not a new idea. I like to put my own twist on a post to keep my blogposts interesting and set them aside from others. Let's face it, there's so many amazing beauty blogs out there that you can pretty much find similar information on each of them, not because they've copied, just because we're all so passionate about what we do. 

In recent weeks I have been trying to get motivated and inspired, which trust me, hasn't been an easy task. As a result I have changed my routine and I am much happier at the moment. You can expect some posts about that soon so keep an eye out. 

You may notice that my blog has had a design overhaul. I have been thinking about changing my design for a while and I finally bit the bullet this weekend and bought a new template. I have been eyeing up this template for a few months and since being absent for so long it seemed like the perfect opportunity to come back with a bang. 

After a brainstorm I have come up with many ideas for new and original blogposts so you can expect lots of posts on Cupcakes and Candyfloss, I promise. Starting with a new post tomorrow morning. 

Yay for change and new things! I hope you are as excited as I am. 

Lauren

Don't forget to find me on...
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN' | YOUTUBE
SHARE:

2 comments

  1. I think taking time out to brainstorm ideas for your blog is really important. Hope your feeling more inspired now. X

    Kate//katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts, I really appreciate it. If you have left a question, please check back in a few days to see if I have answered it, or email me: cupcakesandcandyflossblog@yahoo.com

Blogger Template Created by pipdig