Sunday 29 May 2016

CONTOURING EDIT


Contouring may not be the newest trend on the block, but it is still as big as ever in the beauty community. Although I was scared to contour at first, I am finally getting to grips with it. I have found a technique that works for me and doesn't give me the dreaded 'muddy line' (I don't think so anyway...). Recently I have been trying a few products that can be used for contouring which called for a contouring edit. 

If you're going to contour properly, you may as well have the correct tools right? I saw the Real Techniques Sculpting Brush Set-£20.99 in Superdrug a while ago and I snapped it up. It comes with three brushes, a contour brush, a fan brush and setting brush, perfect for the job and filled a gap in my collection. I use the contour brush to apply cream or powder contour products under my cheekbones. The shape makes it easy to apply and blend. I use the setting brush to apply cream highlighter products or concealer and the fan brush to apply powder shimmer highlighter. I love using the fan brush for this as it picks up the perfect amount of product for the job of highlighting and it is easy to apply on the tops of your cheekbones. 

The L'Oreal Infallible Sculpt Contour Kit-£9.99 has a cream to powder finish. If applied correctly, it creates a subtle shadow under your cheekbones, which is the aim of contouring. I also apply it to my jawline and temples. I have the shade light, which is the perfect colour for my complexion, not too dark that it looks out of place but dark enough that it allows you to create the subtle shadow. Both the cream contour and highlighter are matte. I love using this on a daily basis after I have applied my foundation. I find that this palette applies easier on top of my foundation or concealer before it has been powdered, otherwise this is when it can become difficult to blend. 

If you're more of a powder girl, the Collection Contour Kit is a safe bet. To my knowledge, it only comes in one shade, so use a light hand if you have a fair complexion like me. Like the L'Oreal kit, the contour shade is completely matte. However, the highlighter has a pearl shimmer. I rarely use the highlighter as I tend to find it can be a bit chalky and doesn't blend as easily on the tops of the cheekbones. However, for £4.19 you really can't go wrong. It's currently on offer at Boots for £2.99.

What products do you use for contouring? 

Lauren

Don't forget to find me on...
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN' | YOUTUBE
SHARE:

5 comments

  1. I really need to try the RT set, it looks amazing!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the Sculpt Contour kit but the Collection one looks really good! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is good, I would definitely recommend it :) x

      Delete
  3. I want to pick up the L'oreal contour kit - it looks great! I love the Maybelline Mastersculpt too for contouring :) x

    Liv | Ramblings of a Makeup Lover

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts, I really appreciate it. If you have left a question, please check back in a few days to see if I have answered it, or email me: cupcakesandcandyflossblog@yahoo.com

Blogger Template Created by pipdig