Thursday 2 June 2016

BEAUTY LOVES: MAY




May. You haven't been my favourite month of the year so far due to exams, but you were okay. Surprise, surprise, I haven't written a monthly favourites post in a while and it's because I am a creature of habit and only usually stick with the same products in my routine. However, there are a few notable mentions...

The Rimmel Match Perfection Foundation-£7.99 has been a solid favourite in my routine for months. It is a light to medium coverage foundation, with a lightweight formula that doesn't feel heavy or sticky on the skin. I use it on a daily basis as it gives good coverage, hides any redness and is easily built up in any areas which need extra coverage. It has a dewy finish which once set with a light dusting of powder, lasts all day. This is my second bottle and I plan to repurchase it. '10 Light Porcelain' is the perfect shade for my pale complexion. 

The Urban Decay Naked Flushed Palette 'Streak'-£23.50 re-entered my makeup bag recently after I had another sort through my beauty stash. It is the perfect palette for this time of year. The bronzer is a great shade for the transition from Winter to Spring as it adds a subtle warmth to your cheeks. I love the blush, it is a gorgeous coral pink with peach undertones and it is unlike any blush shade that I own in my collection. The highlighter is pretty too, it has a rich golden undertone and is packed full of shimmer. 

This couldn't be a favourites post without featuring a MAC Eyeshadow-£10 (Pro Refill Pan). I have recently been using 'Naked Lunch' to add a hint of frosted pearl to my lid. It has a slight pink tone to it and gives a gorgeous subtle shimmer which when hits the light makes your eyelid shine. I have received so many compliments whilst wearing it recently, it's easy to wear and looks beautiful. 

I rarely wear lip products apart from lip balm. I find it to be such a fuss with re-applying them throughout the day. However, when the Lancôme Juicy Shaker 'Vanilla Pop'*-£18 fell through my letterbox, it revolutionised my opinion of lip products altogether. It is a lip oil with a pretty pigment. The lip oil nourishes your lips whilst the pigment adds a stain. The shade Vanilla Pop is a gorgeous burnt rose shade with a golden hue. To read my full review, click here

What are your May favourites?

Lauren 

Don't forget to find me on...
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN' | YOUTUBE
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I LOVE the Rimmel foundation, it's so good and light-weight. I really want to try some of the lancome juicy shakers, as they look soo good! x

    http://stepintokaysblog.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need to pick up the Rimmel match perfection foundation again! I used to use it all the time and I always really enjoyed it. X

    Www.coleoftheball.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Urban Decay Face Palette looks beautiful - I've wanted one for the longest time! I'm a sucker for a highlighter too ;)
    - www.roisinslatest.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been lusting after UD Naked Flushed palette for a while now! I think it's about time I got my hands on it :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts, I really appreciate it. If you have left a question, please check back in a few days to see if I have answered it, or email me: cupcakesandcandyflossblog@yahoo.com

Blogger Template Created by pipdig