Sunday 19 June 2016

9 TIPS FOR PRODUCTIVITY


I have been struggling with motivation this year. I'm not sure what it is, but I'd much rather stay in bed and watch Netflix on my laptop. Although that sounds like a fantastic idea, let's face it, if I did that everyday then nothing would get accomplished would it? I can still allow myself to have occasional Netflix days though right? 
If you've been feeling like me, then here are some tips that I have found useful to help me be more productive. 

1. Prepare yourself the night before. Have the mindset that when you get up tomorrow you're going to tackle your to-do list and get lots done.

2. Wake up at a reasonable time. I find I am most productive in the day if I get up at a reasonable time. I usually set my alarm for around 7 or 8am. That way, I can get the tasks out of the way and relax later.

3. Workout. I find this is the best way to get energised and feel accomplished. Even if you just dance around to your favourite song and get a bit sweaty this will lift your mood. 

4. Music. As soon as you get up or whenever you feel a little unmotivated put on your favourite songs and this will lift your mood. Try not to get too distracted though, let it inspire you to carry on. 

5. Breakfast. Having a filling, nutritious breakfast will help you to feel energised. My favourite  is porridge. Although it may not be the healthiest, it keeps me full for longer and stops me reaching for unhealthy sugary snacks. 

6. To-do lists. Write a to-do list of everything you want to accomplish that day. I find ticking things off of my to-do list very rewarding and you can reward yourself with watching your favourite programme for example, once you have ticked everything off. 

7. Change your space. If you're a bit bored of sitting at your desk, perhaps print off a few motivational quotes to put up on the wall or move your desk so it's in front of a window. Better still, grab your laptop and sit in your local coffee shop. 

8. Get started. What are you waiting for? Start ticking those things off of your to-do list. 

9. Reward yourself. Keep yourself going throughout the day by thinking of a reward. For example, like a mentioned previously, watching an episode of your favourite tv series, going to the cinema or ordering a takeaway. 

What are your tips for being productive? 

Lauren 

Don't forget to find me on...
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN' | YOUTUBE

SHARE:

3 comments

  1. Thanks for the tips! I have been slacking lately ;_;

    Laila from Townhouse Palette

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some great points are mentioned in this which I will definitely take on board!
    Thank you for posting!
    Ella x
    http://www.accordingtoella.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts, I really appreciate it. If you have left a question, please check back in a few days to see if I have answered it, or email me: cupcakesandcandyflossblog@yahoo.com

Blogger Template Created by pipdig