Saturday 23 July 2016

SUMMER BEAUTY EDIT




Although it has been Summer for a while, I have only just got round to writing this Summer's Beauty Edit. 

I'm not sure about you but my makeup never lasts in the heat. I usually end up with a a patchy base by the end of the day where my makeup has pretty much slid off of my face. However, I recently tried the Rimmel Lasting Finish Concealer again on the hottest days of the year last week and it worked a treat. I applied it using a small detail brush onto any spots of redness and then blended using a fluffy brush. It helped to keep anything I wanted hidden, covered all day and it didn't melt off in the heat. 

The MAC Mineralize Skin Finish 'Soft and Gentle' gives a gorgeous glow, perfect all year round but it looks amazing in the Summer, especially when the sun hits. I have been receiving so many compliments when wearing this recently. I apply it to the top of my cheekbones using my Real Techniques Fan Brush.

The Benefit Hoola Bronzer is perfect for adding the warmth back into your skin after applying the mask that is foundation and concealer. It adds a subtle glow to the cheekbones without being orange or overbearing. It's natural and pretty foolproof if you are pale skinned like me. I mentioned this in my Spring Edit and it's still going to remain a favourite in my everyday makeup routine.

To add longevity to your makeup, I recommend applying the L'Oreal Infallible Fixing Mist. Not only is it cooling and satisfying to apply once you have completed your makeup routine, it helps your makeup to last all day in the Summer heat. Just make sure you give the bottle a good shake before applying otherwise you will end up with white powdery marks on your face.

The Tanya Burr Lipgloss 'Picnic in the Park' is a stunning coral pink lip gloss which matches perfectly with lots of bronzer and a gold eyeshadow. It's nourishing and lightweight on the lips whilst leaving them a pretty pink colour. Another plus is that the lipgloss tastes and smells like sweets, yum!

In terms of nails, there are two colours that I can see myself switching between this Summer. The first is the Barry M Speedy Quick Nail Paint 'Kiss Me Quick'. This is a gorgeous pastel pink nail colour which compliments anyone at this time of year. I can also see myself wearing Essie 'Bikini So Teeny' which is a gorgeous cornflower blue with flecks of silver glitter. This shade is so pretty and looks gorgeous with a tan.

I never thought I would include a fake tanning product in a blogpost. I am fair skinned which never bodes well when you want to get your legs out for a party and they haven't seen daylight since 2010... So for this reason, I went in search for a gradual tanning lotion, something that would make me looked slightly bronzed but not orange. I took the plunge after spending hours reading reviews and watching tutorials and bought the St Tropez In Shower Gradual Tan. With this formula you can't go wrong. Firstly you shave, do all your usual shower things and then apply in a lather like you would any other shower gel. Then it's the difficult part, you stand in the shower shivering for 3 minutes which I have to say I'm not a huge fan of. Once the three minutes are up you rinse off, pat yourself dry and then go about your daily business. There is a slight biscuit scent which I only really noticed myself, but not by anyone else. Gradually throughout the day you see a golden glow developing which I really liked. I built it up over the next couple of days and was left with a warm glow, probably only noticeable by myself and my mum but at least I tried eh?

What products will you be using this Summer?

Lauren 

Don't forget to find me on...
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN' | YOUTUBE
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I love the Infalliable setting mist! it is an absolute life saver - especially in this heat! I will have to try the Rimmel concealer - having trouble finding a concealer that lasts all day! Great post :) x

    Liv | Ramblings of a Makeup Lover

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need soft and gentle it always looks so stunning whenever I see it on peoples blogs, I love benefit hoola it's one of my go to bronzers!

    Coleoftheball xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Soft and Gentle is so gorgeous and perfect for the summer!

    Parie x
    classandglitter.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photos of Soft and gentle just make me want it even more. Loved this! x


    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts, I really appreciate it. If you have left a question, please check back in a few days to see if I have answered it, or email me: cupcakesandcandyflossblog@yahoo.com

Blogger Template Created by pipdig