Wednesday 27 July 2016

TALKING ABOUT BODY CONFIDENCE


This is a slightly different style of post for Cupcakes and Candyfloss, it's had my finger on both the publish and delete button as it touches on some things that are quite personal. However, I have decided to click publish as talking about body confidence seems to be very popular at the moment, so here's my take on it. 

I'm not ashamed to say that I have never been comfortable with my body. I don't know when it started but I can't actually remember trying on clothes in a shop changing room or putting on an outfit in the morning and feeling good. I know I am a healthy weight for my age and there is nothing necessarily wrong with my figure, however there are many things about my body that I would like to change and I'm sure there is an inkling in you that feels this way too. 

I was born in 1999, making me just about a 90s baby which puts me at the full front of the social media generation. I always find myself checking social media whether that be Instagram, Twitter, Snapchat, along with many other people my age. There's a whole world at our finger tips but I can't decide whether this is a good or bad thing. Through the accessibility of apps like Instagram and Snapchat we are exposed to many people at their best with the lighting just right and thousands and thousands of followers behind them, liking and commenting on their photos. 

A couple of weeks ago I made the decision to jump on the healthy bandwagon again and make a few healthier choices. I also decided to follow some health and fitness guru's on Instagram and immediately I was exposed to a brand new world. Having just followed beauty accounts, celebrities and my friends before hand I wasn't aware of the hype around the healthier accounts that are nicknamed 'fitspiration'. These accounts post their workouts, transformation photos and meals in order to inspire you to carry on your fitness journey and give you some motivation to stop eating chocolate and get back in the gym. At first, I thought this was a great idea, however I quickly came to the realisation that I was constantly comparing myself to people I had never met, thinking their way of eating or exercising was what I needed to do in order to look and feel like them too. 

I quickly saw how easy it was to become fixated with this way of life where you only consume vegetables and work out everyday. Realistically for me that's definitely not going to happen, well not immediately anyway. 

It's easy to look past your assets, for example your hair or eyes, and focus on the negatives. This can, in turn consume your life and make you feel worthless. We are ALL beautiful, and just because you don't have Kim Kardashians bum or Gigi Hadid's figure doesn't make you any less beautiful. It's what sets you apart from them and makes you, YOU. It may seem that this person has the perfect life but I can assure you that they see flaws in their bodies too. 

Lauren

Don't forget to find me on...
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN' | YOUTUBE
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I enjoyed reading this post. I am not happy with my body and have also written a personal post which I will upload soon. My health is also suffering so I want to eat better and be fitter. I am also sick of going into shops to try clothes on and realising they only look good if you don't have a belly or boobs!

    www.surangi-style.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed reading this post :) good luck x

      Delete
  2. I loved this post, Lauren! First of all- the picture is so, so cute! I thought this post was extremely inspirational. I know that I try to start healthy ways- and then down on them in a week. I would love to get to the point where I can work out everyday too. Lovely post, Lauren!

    https://guiliannamarie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Guilianna, I really appreciate it :) Good luck x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts, I really appreciate it. If you have left a question, please check back in a few days to see if I have answered it, or email me: cupcakesandcandyflossblog@yahoo.com

Blogger Template Created by pipdig