Sunday 15 November 2015

THE GLOW GETTERS



Highlighting, for me, is a step I can't miss out in my daily routine. It adds a pretty glow and luminosity to your face. Here are 3 that I regularly switch in and out of my daily make-up routine. 

The Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick 'Pink Quartz' £33 is gorgeous. Not only can it be used for a highlighter by gently swirling your brush in all of the colours, but you can also use it as a bronzer or blush by selectively using the 5 shades within the brick. It contains small glitter particles which draws attention to your cheekbones when the light bounces of them. The packaging is luxurious, despite being slightly bulky, it opens by pressing a little button on the side and reveals not only the stunning shimmer brick, but also a large mirror. 



I took my first step into the world of highlighters when I received the MAC Mineralize Skin Finish 'Soft and Gentle' £24 for my birthday and since then, I have collected quite a few. I love the golden glow you can achieve with it and it is what sets it apart from any of the highlighters that I own. It looks amazing in the summer with a tan and lots of bronzer. The formula is very finely milled so it picks up on the brush easily and a little goes a long way. It is also great because it contains more shimmer than glitter so it looks very natural on your cheekbones. 

The Collection Speedy Highlighter £3.99 is the 'budget friendly' option. It is a cream highlighter in chubby stick form that easily competes with the high end highlighters in this post. It is very pigmented and gives a gorgeous glow to your cheekbones. I love how easy and quick it is to apply and I do so by rolling it on straight from the stick and blending the edges with my foundation brush. 

What's your favourite highlighter? 

Lauren


Don't forget to follow me on...
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. These are stunning - Highlighters are definitely something I need more of in my collection.
    x

    Small&Blonde♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to stay away from highlighters. Now I have to put some on whenever I do my makeup. That Bobbi Brown shimmer brick is so nice! I've got to try it :)

    dyannedavid.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same, but they add so much to your face that now I can't keep away from them! You do! It's amazing :) x

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts, I really appreciate it. If you have left a question, please check back in a few days to see if I have answered it, or email me: cupcakesandcandyflossblog@yahoo.com

Blogger Template Created by pipdig