Sunday 16 July 2017

LIFE UPDATE


I haven't sat at my laptop and written a post for ages. When I relaunched my blog a couple of months ago, I sat for days typing away and built up loads of posts ready to go in my drafts. For me, my blog motivation is either 0 or 100. When my motivation is there, like today, I can sit and write posts for hours, but when I have no motivation there is no point trying.

I have lost my oompf, not only when it comes to my blog but also in my day to day life. The truth is, being ill was effecting me mentally and physically but now I have some answers I want to get my life back on track again. 

A diagnosis


You may remember a few months ago that I posted an update upon my return to blogging and I mentioned that I had been not feeling well for months. I've had symptoms ranging from fatigue, to stomach pain, to nausea and after some tests it has been finally confirmed that I have Coeliac Disease. Coeliac Disease is an auto-immune disease whereby your body presumes gluten is the enemy and attacks itself upon ingestion. This results in damage to the small intestine, preventing the body from receiving the full nutrients from food. It is a life long condition which means I will not be able to products containing or which may contain gluten, wheat, barley or rye for the rest of my life. I am extremely lucky in that I have received a quick diagnosis as I understand that it can take up to 13 years for some patients. For more information, check out Coeliac UK

Looking forward 


The diagnosis has resulted in a huge lifestyle change but with it I have become a lot healthier as we have been producing a lot of meals from scratch. I have to make sure I am extremely careful when it comes to cooking however as the smallest crumb of gluten could cause my symptoms to come back again. The gluten-free market has expanded hugely in the past few years and there are many options in the Supermarket for bread, pasta, cakes etc. However, I have been experimenting with my own recipes myself, some of which I will post on this blog. 

I am determined to stay positive and allow my life to return to normal. One thing I am looking forward to is starting my driving lessons, I am also planning my Grandparents Wedding Anniversary Party and going back to finish my A-Levels in September. I will continue to document my life on this blog as I have for the past 3 years. 

How has life been treating you recently? 

Lauren 
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts, I really appreciate it. If you have left a question, please check back in a few days to see if I have answered it, or email me: cupcakesandcandyflossblog@yahoo.com

Blogger Template Created by pipdig