Sunday 23 July 2017

5 TOP TIPS FOR THE BEST AT HOME MANICURE




I love doing my nails and always have. There was once a time when I used to own a huge box of inexpensive nail polishes and would carry them round to my friends houses and give them mani's and pedi's.  

By no means am I an expert but here are a few tips that I have found useful when making the most out of my manicure. 

1. Firstly, choose a moment when you aren't going to be disturbed. If you're doing this at night then make sure you've already had a shower, are in your pyjamas and you've been to the toilet. It sounds stupid but these are all reasons we smudge our nails. Put your favourite TV programme on and use the time for yourself. If you're distracted you won't get the best results. 

2. Prep. If you're going to give yourself a manicure that will last a good week or so, it's really important that you spend some time beforehand preparing your nails. First, remove any left over polish from previous manicures. Follow by giving them a trim and file them so they are your desired shape. Finally, give your hands a good wash with soap, dry them thoroughly and then apply a base coat. 

3. Choosing what colour to use is one of the hardest parts. I always opt for pinks as I feel like they suit me best. My favourite nail polish brands are Barry M, Essie, Accessorize and Rimmel. 

4. For an even coat of colour, start with a small amount of nail polish on your brush. This will allow for control and also a thin coat so you can build up the colour. Start at the nail bed but leave a small gap between the nail and the skin as this looks neater. I usually do a stripe in the middle then either side depending on how big my nail is. The important thing is having a steady hand and being patient. You can easily clean up any mistakes using nail polish remover and a cotton bud. Allow time between coats so that they can dry.  I love adding glitter on top of two coats to add some sparkle. 

5. Make sure you finish off your perfect manicure by sealing it all together with a good top coat. It doesn't have to be expensive but this will just provide an extra layer of polish to prevent chips. 

What are your top tips?

Lauren 
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. I've been painting my nails so much more recently because I've finally been able to stop biting them!! The Barry M ones are so good!
    Liv xx
    livwrites.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts, I really appreciate it. If you have left a question, please check back in a few days to see if I have answered it, or email me: cupcakesandcandyflossblog@yahoo.com

Blogger Template Created by pipdig