Friday 4 March 2016

BEAUTY LOVES: FEBRUARY



March is here, which means two things, Spring and February favourites time. Can you believe we're three months in to 2016 already?! Honestly, where does the time go? Anyway, I've only had a few new favourites in February, I'm still loving all of the products I mentioned in my January beauty loves post. But here are a few things that have found themselves in my daily routine.


I've re-discovered my love for the Rimmel Wake Me Up Concealer 'Ivory' this month. I used this a lot in 2015 and sadly ran out and bought the Maybelline Anti-age rewind concealer instead. However, my love was rekindled when I purchased it again at the beginning of the month and boy I didn't realise how much I missed it. It is a brightening concealer which I use underneath my eyes and down the bridge of my nose. It's lightweight, blends easily and doesn't crease. 

If you're an avid reader of my blog, you will know that I currently have an obsession with MAC Eyeshadows. In particular, this month I have been using the shade 'Honey Lust'. I receive so many compliments when I wear it, its a gorgeous golden shimmer shade, packed full of glitter which looks beautiful on blue eyes. It can be worn on it's own or on top of other eyeshadows for a pop of glitter. 

When I looked back to last years February beauty loves post, I discovered that I had also been loving the Sleek Contour Kit 'Light' so I brought it back out of my collection and rekindled my love for it. In particular the highlighter, which is a gorgeous champagne shimmer with golden undertones which makes your cheekbones glow. Paired with the subtle contour shade and the pretty pink blush your cheeks look healthy and beautiful. It's also great for this transition period from Winter to Spring. 

Last but not least, I have finally given into the hype over MAC lipsticks. At first, I didn't see the point in spending £15 on a lipstick which I would barely wear but after receiving one for Christmas, I've changed my mind. The shade 'Hot Gossip' is a wearable everyday pink shade. The creamsheen formula is very pigmented and glossy on the lips. I have been reaching for it pretty much everyday this month as it pairs well with any makeup look. 

What products have you been loving in February?

Lauren

Don't forget to find me on...
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN' | YOUTUBE
SHARE:

4 comments

  1. I LOVE your favourites... I am such a massive lover of the Rimmel Wake Me Up concealer ... It really does such a fab job at making you feel more awake! Also.. I have seen so many bloggers rave about that Sleek palette.. so I think it is a definite essential!! Nothing is better than getting a new Mac lipstick :D

    Saira
    www.throughtheglitterglass.wordpress.com
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I need Honey Lust it's so perfect shade :)

    http://beristenbul.blogspot.com.tr/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think every one and their mum has that sleek contor kit apart from me, I must get around to picking it up! Love the shade of that MAC lipstick x

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great picks! I am a huge fan of MAC eyeshadows as I think their quality is fantastic, and same goes with their lipsticks. I just picked up Hot Gossip the other week and I have really been enjoying it. Such a wearable colour! Will have to pick up Honey Lust for sure.

    Hilary | The Beauty Collective

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts, I really appreciate it. If you have left a question, please check back in a few days to see if I have answered it, or email me: cupcakesandcandyflossblog@yahoo.com

Blogger Template Created by pipdig