Saturday 3 September 2016

NEW BEAUTY BUYS



Who doesn't love shopping? I certainly adore shopping and can happily spend hours swatching and looking at new products and clothes. I've been pretty good until recently and haven't spent my pennies but a trip to London caused a blow out and that calls for a haul post right? 

I visited Spitalfields Market as a late birthday present around a month ago as I had never been before and I loved it! I was treated to the MAC Brow Duo 'Blonde' and the Urban Decay Eyeshadow 'Midnight Cowboy Rides Again'. Firstly, let's talk about brows. I chose to get the Brow Duo from MAC as I my eyebrows have been lacking lustre for a while and needed a re-vamp. I'm always slightly sceptical with brow products as I have blonde hair, some products have the tendency to look orange and not match my hair colour. However, I was reassured in the shop and after a demonstration, the colours combined made the perfect colour for my eyebrows. I have been using the duo everyday since and will put up a full review soon. 

The Urban Decay Eyeshadow, 'Midnight Cowboy Rides Again' is a gorgeous silver shimmer eyeshadow with lilac undertones packed full of silver glitter. I don't own anything like this in my vast extensive eyeshadow collection and when I swatched the colour on the back of my hand it seemed perfect. I have been wearing it during the day on it's own all over the lid but it would look great in the evenings too with a darker shade in the crease. 

To accompany my new Brow Duo, I bought myself to the MAC 208 Brush seeing as I was going for a brow transformation. This is a small angled brush, perfect for mimicking brow hairs and adding definition to your brows. The staff in MAC recommended this brush as it is small and dainty so there is little room for error. 

The Collection Glitter Eyeliners 'Glitz' and 'Funk' were a slightly unnecessary purchase but I have wanted to try them for ages and there was a 2 for £5 deal so I couldn't resist. Glitz is a silver glitter, whilst Funk is gold glitter and they can be worn in many ways on any occasion. In the inner corner for a subtle sparkle, to add some glitter to a cut crease or on top of your winged eyeliner for a twist. 

Even though I own way too many lip products already, I bought the NYX Butter Lipgloss 'Tiramsu' which is a gorgeous pink lipgloss with a peach undertone. This is the perfect everyday lip colour for me as it suits my skin tone and looks natural. The formula is thick, very pigmented and has a sweet vanilla scent. 

I had some Boots vouchers to spend so I purchased the YSL Black Opium Perfume-30ml. I smelt this in a magazine sample a couple of months ago and immediately loved it. It's sweet and feminine which is usually the scent I go for. If you love the Prada Candy Eau De Toilette, I'm sure you'll love this too. 

Have you bought any new beauty products recently?

Lauren

Don't forget to find me on...
TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | BLOGLOVIN' | YOUTUBE
SHARE:

1 comment

  1. Those collection eyeliners look amazing! I really want to try them out. x

    Kate// katerosexo1.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my posts, I really appreciate it. If you have left a question, please check back in a few days to see if I have answered it, or email me: cupcakesandcandyflossblog@yahoo.com

Blogger Template Created by pipdig